- Medical School - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Doctor of Medicine
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Internship in Internal Medicine
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Residency in Internal Medicine
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center, Fellowship in Gastroenterology
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- Saint Michael's Medical Center
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Internal Medicine)
- American College of Gastroenterology
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- New Jersey Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Society
Awards and Publications
- DaCosta, MD., Theodore, N. Latif, MD.: Combined hepatocellular-cholangiocarcinoma: A rare primary liver cancer. The 24th Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium. May 2013.
- DaCosta. MD., Theodore, S. Seth, MD., Y. Modi, MD., D. Gauchan, MD., L. Garretson, MD., M. Maroules. MD., G. Guron, MD.: A case of diffuse large B cell lymphoma of stomach in Klinefelter’s syndrome. The 24th Annual Dr. George Perez Research Colloquium. May 2013
- Outstanding Medical Teaching Attending Award Internal Medicine, Saint Michael’s Medical Center – 2002
- Arch Bishop McCarrick Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, Seton Hall University – 2013
- Dr. George Perez Achievement Award for Outstanding Medical Teaching Attending, Saint Michael’s Medical Center – 2013
Gastroenterology is a subspecialty of internal medicine. Gastroenterologists are practitioners that specialize in diseases of the digestive system, which is also called the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Gastroenterologists have an in-depth understanding of how food moves through the digestive tract and digestion (the physical and chemical processes by which food is broken down). This includes how nutrients are absorbed and waste products are removed. Gastroenterologists also monitor the digestive function of the liver.
Dr. Dacosta has extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the:
- Biliary System (Liver, Pancreas, Gallbladder, & Bile Ducts)
- Large Intestine (Colon)
- Small Intestine